Date(s) - 27th Nov 2018
World of Wedgwood
Today we’ll travel to Stoke-on-Trent to visit the Wedgwood factory. There will be coffee and biscuits for us on arrival followed by a welcome and a special talk from the museum curator on Josiah Wedgwood: Potter, Pioneer and Philanthropist.
After the talk there will be free time. You’ll have time for lunch and an opportunity for some shopping. You’ll be able to take a self-guided tour of the factory where you’ll see the craftsmen at work utilising their unique artisan skills and techniques honed over the 250 years since the factory was begun. You will also be able to explore their award winning museum which houses a UNESCO protected collection of huge historic and cultural significance.
The Wedgwood Collection is one of the most important industrial collections in the world and a unique record of hundreds of years of British ceramic production. It was saved for the nation following a successful fundraising campaign, spear-headed by The Art Fund and is now owned by the V&A museum.
- Cost £32
- Pickup Sixways 7:45; Royal Well Bus Station 8:00; Racecourse Park & Ride 8.15
- Coach returns to Cheltenham at approximately 19:30pm
- Group leader Anne Bartlett
If you have any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring Martha on 01242 526601.
Book your place using the form below.
There are three payment options:
1. You can pay by credit or debit card, as well as by PayPal, using the PayPal option (default). If there are sufficient spaces still available this will automatically confirm your booking if the payment is accepted.
2. If you want to pay by cheque select the Off-line option from the payment methods but please send your cheque as soon as possible as your booking will not be confirmed until we have received the payment.
3. If you really don’t like filling in forms on-screen you can download a form, print it and post it with a cheque. A booking form can also be found in the Friends Newsletter (available September 2018).
Cheques should be payable to Friends of The Wilson and sent with a sae or clearly written email address to Martha Alleguen, 7 Sydenham Road South, Cheltenham GL52 6EF.
Bookings are now closed for this event.