Date(s) - 29th Nov 2018
The New Club
For our early evening Christmas event we have a visual feast of paintings which will be paired with specialist wines, none of which are available to buy in the supermarket. Canapes will also be served. The venue is The New Club (2 Montpellier Parade, GL50 1UD) in Cheltenham.
Fiona James – who was head of History of Art at The Cheltenham Ladies’ College – has selected a group of paintings, by artists as varied as Picasso to Titian, which she will talk about and explain how they marry the wines.
Fiona James studied Fine Art and History of Art. She worked at the Wellcome Institute before becoming a teacher. Her interests include the Arts and Crafts Movement in South Cotswolds.
Tracey Bird from Raffles Fine Wines, an independent wine merchant based in Nailsworth, will talk about the wines that she has specially selected for The Friends – three reds and three whites from vineyards in various regions of France, Spain, Austria and Italy.
Tracey Bird formerly worked in branding and design before achieving a distinction in the Wine & Spirit Education exams level 3 and a scholarship to the Bordeaux Wine School. She now works as a private consultant as well as at Raffles.
Raffles is offering the Friends a 5% discount on wines ordered; perfect for the upcoming seasonal festivities or gifts.
- Cost £22 including six wines for tasting, canapes and soft drinks. Additional glasses of wine at own expense.
- Booking deadline 15th November
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com or ring Alison on 01242 519413.
Otherwise book your place by using the form below.
There are three payment options:
1. You can pay by credit or debit card, as well as by PayPal, using the PayPal option (default). If there are sufficient spaces still available this will automatically confirm your booking if the payment is accepted.
2. If you want to pay by cheque select the Off-line option from the payment methods but please send your cheque as soon as possible as your booking will not be confirmed until we have received the payment.
3. If you really don’t like filling in forms on-screen you can download a form, print it and post it with a cheque. A booking form can also be found in the Friends Newsletter (available September 2018).
Cheques should be payable to Friends of The Wilson and sent with a sae or clearly written email address to Mrs Alison Pascoe, 77 Naunton Lane, Cheltenham, GL53 7AZ.
This event is fully booked, but if you would like to be added to our waiting list please email firstname.lastname@example.org.