Date(s) - 18th Sep 2018
Edward Gillespie is well qualified to give a talk about the history of Cheltenham told through its Festivals. He was Manager at the Racecourse for three decades, is currently a Trustee of Cheltenham Festivals, chairing Music, and is a keen supporter of the Cricket Festival. He has competed, he says unsuccessfully, at the Festival of Performing Arts.
This talk traces the development of Cheltenham as a Festival Town, building on the original spa principles of being a health resort allowing ample time for leisure and entertainment.
- Cost: £15 for buffet lunch and talk, £8.00 for talk only.
- Doors open for the buffet from 12:15pm, speaker 1pm-2pm
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring Alison on 01242 519413.
Otherwise book your place by using the form below.
There are three payment options:
1. You can pay by credit or debit card, as well as by PayPal, using the PayPal option (default). If there are sufficient spaces still available this will automatically confirm your booking if the payment is accepted.
2. If you want to pay by cheque select the Off-line option from the payment methods but please send your cheque as soon as possible as your booking will not be confirmed until we have received the payment.
3. If you really don’t like filling in forms on-screen you can download a form, print it and post it with a cheque. A booking form can also be found in the Friends Newsletter (available September 2018).
Cheques should be payable to Friends of The Wilson and sent with a sae or clearly written email address to Mrs Alison Pascoe, 77 Naunton Lane, Cheltenham, GL53 7AZ.
Bookings are now closed for this event.