Date(s) - 5th Mar 2018
Elgar Birthplace Museum
The National Trust took over the development and running of this local historic property in December 2016.
The museum has shared the story of Elgar, his music and his deep connection to Worcestershire life with visitors since shortly after his death in 1934. Elgar personally requested that his birthplace, on the outskirts of Worcester, should be the site at which his music is remembered in order to celebrate the lasting inspiration he found in the surrounding landscape. We will explore The Firs and afterwards travel into Malvern. We will stop in Malvern for lunch (not included) and then take a guided coach tour around Malvern and the Malvern Hills exploring parts of the Elgar trail. We’ll be looking at some of the places where he lived, worked and socialised.
- Cost £21 for National Trust members or £28.50 for non-National Trust members
- Please bring your National Trust membership card or full admission will be payable
- Lunch in Malvern at own expense
- Group leader Anne Bartlett
- Pickup Sixways 9:00; The Wilson 9.15; Racecourse Park & Ride 9:30
- Coach returns to Cheltenham at approximately 5pm
- Bookings close 26th February
If you have any queries, please email email@example.com or ring Martha on 01242 526601.
Book your place using the form below.
There are three payment options:
1. You can pay by credit or debit card, as well as by PayPal, using the PayPal option (default). If there are sufficient spaces still available this will automatically confirm your booking if the payment is accepted.
2. If you want to pay by cheque select the Off-line option from the payment methods but please send your cheque as soon as possible as your booking will not be confirmed until we have received the payment.
3. If you really don’t like filling in forms on-screen you can download a form, print it and post it with a cheque. A booking form can also be found in the Friends Newsletter (available January 2018).
Cheques should be payable to Friends of The Wilson and sent with a sae or clearly written email address to Martha Alleguen, 7 Sydenham Road South, Cheltenham GL52 6EF.