Date(s) - 5th Jul 2017
St Matthew's Church
As Friends of The Wilson you know all about the Paper Store, The Wilson’s archive display space. Or do you? Are you confident you could find your way there without the penguin feet to guide you? Do you know what you might find when you get there, or who should you get in touch with if you have a question concerning the archive? This is your chance to find out more.
Kirstie Hartsiotis (Cultural Producer, Collections: Decorative Art) and Ann-Rachael Harwood (Cultural Producer, Collections: Human History) will talk about how they created the 2017 displays in the Paper Store. They will
- explore the display on the theme of “Eminent Victorians”;
- tell us how they went cycle mad with displays to celebrate the Tour of Britain’s arrival in Cheltenham;
- look at highlights from the The Wilson Family Collection;
- comment on the new Emery Walker Library display “Rebels and Reformers” which explores social change, reform and ideas of revolution through the eyes of the designers of the Arts and Crafts movement and their friends.
What more could you want?
Venue: St. Matthew’s Church, Clarence Street, Cheltenham – opposite The Wilson.
Time: Buffet lunch from 12 noon. Speaker 1.15- 2.15 pm. Cost: £15; talk only £8.
There are two ways to book and pay – our preference is for payment via online banking.
- Online: please send an email to Jan Turner at firstname.lastname@example.org with Luncheon Club 159 in the subject line, stating how many places you require, and transfer the correct amount to our bank account: sort code 30-91-87, account no 00005816, using LC159 plus your surname as a reference so that we can identify your payment.
- By post: please download a booking form and send the slip together with a cheque payable to Friends of The Wilson and a sae or clearly written email address to Jan Turner, Wold’s Edge, Station Road, Woodmancote, Cheltenham, GL52 9HN.
If you have any queries, please ring Jan on 01242 674140.