Date(s) - 16th Aug 2018
A trip to Bath and a private visit to the Peto Gardens at Iford Manor
On arrival in Bath we will have a short guided tour of this very attractive city from the comfort of our coach. Then there will be free time to enable you to visit some of the many attractions, for example:
- The Holburne Museum has a special Exhibition: Dutch seventeenth-century paintings by some of the finest masters of the ‘Golden Age. These will be from the National Trust collections from around the country and will be displayed together for the first time.
- Or the nearby Victoria Art Gallery: Special Exhibition: A Celebration of Flowers by Kaffe Fawcett with Candace Bahouth.
N.B. Entry to the above museums are free but there may be a charge for the exhibitions (not included in the price).
- No1 Royal Crescent: Exhibition: Women’s Suffrage 100: Freedom & Fight in Bath
- Jane Austen Centre and Exhibition
We will meet the coach again at 3pm to travel to Iford Manor just south of Bath to enjoy the wonderful Italianate garden designed by the architect and landscape gardener Harold Ainsworth Peto who lived here from 1899 to 1933. It is a unique and romantic hillside garden, characterised by steps, terraces, sculpture and magnificent rural views We will have exclusive use of this Grade 1 listed park and garden after 4pm when it closes to the public. We’ll return home for approx 19.30.
- Cost £27
- Pickup Sixways 8:15; The Wilson 8:30; Racecourse Park & Ride 8.45
- Coach returns to Cheltenham at approximately 7:30pm
- Group leader Anne Bartlett
- Booking deadline 14th August
If you have any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring Martha on 01242 526601.
Book your place using the form below.
There are three payment options:
1. You can pay by credit or debit card, as well as by PayPal, using the PayPal option (default). If there are sufficient spaces still available this will automatically confirm your booking if the payment is accepted.
2. If you want to pay by cheque select the Off-line option from the payment methods but please send your cheque as soon as possible as your booking will not be confirmed until we have received the payment.
3. If you really don’t like filling in forms on-screen you can download a form, print it and post it with a cheque. A booking form can also be found in the Friends Newsletter (available May 2018).
Cheques should be payable to Friends of The Wilson and sent with a sae or clearly written email address to Martha Alleguen, 7 Sydenham Road South, Cheltenham GL52 6EF.
Bookings are now closed for this event.