Date(s) - 4th Jul 2016
Bristol Museum and Art Gallery
A visit to Bristol to see Rembrandt’s Self Portrait on Monday 4th July
Our Frameworks partners in Bristol – Bristol Museum & Art Gallery – have invited us to visit them to see Rembrandt’s Self Portrait at the Age of 63 in the museum’s completely refurbished and re-displayed European Old Masters Gallery.
We will be running a trip by coach on Monday 4th July at a cost of £15 per person.
Our Frameworks trip last year to the Bath galleries was very much enjoyed by everyone who came, and this trip will include:
- Pick up and return from 3 locations in Cheltenham
- Visit to see the Rembrandt and the European Old Masters Gallery
- A short tour/introduction by a curator with opportunities for questions (tbc)
- A reserved table for Friends for lunch in the museum’s café for those interested (cost of lunch not included)
- Time to visit the rest of the museum (or to visit other galleries in Bristol such as the Arnolfini, shortlisted for the Art Fund Prize for Museum of the Year 2016)
- Opportunities to socialise with Friends.
Full details of the timetable are included below.
Due to time and cost constraints, the invitation has been sent by email only. Please help us by passing on the information to any Friends who may be interested but are not on email.
Rembrandt’s Self Portrait at the Age of 63 is one of his very last works. Bristol is hosting it from 21 May to 17 July as part of the National Gallery’s Masterpiece Tour. Works by Lucas Cranach, Giovanni Bellini, Willem van de Velde, Jacob van Ruisdael and more will feature alongside it in the renovated space, and etchings by Rembrandt from Bristol’s own collection will also be on display in the gallery.
Please send an email to email@example.com to reserve a place followed by a cheque made payable to FCAGM, to Martin Renshaw at Flat 3, Queensholme, Pittville Circus Road, GL52 2QE to secure your place.
Details will be finalised via email.
11.15/11.30 am to 1.00 pm: visit to European Old Masters Gallery, including Rembrandt’s Self Portrait. Introduction/short tour and questions (tbc). Time to visit other galleries.
1.00 to 2.00 pm: lunch at a Friends of The Wilson table in the museum’s café for those interested (cost of lunch not included).
2.00 to 3.00 pm: time to visit other galleries
3.00 to 4.30 pm (approximately): finish and return to Cheltenham, setting down at The Wilson, Wellington Square and Six Ways.