Date(s) - 10th Jul 2018
Following on from the talk by Fiona James earlier this year we continue with a focus on a particular Arts and Crafts house.
Rodmarton Manor, between Cirencester and Tetbury, was designed by Ernest Barnsley for Claud and Margaret Biddulph in 1909. It was an outstanding example of Arts and Crafts architecture and craftsmanship and a serious social experiment. It provided the family with a home on their estate but more importantly it provided work for local craftsmen and ensured that craft skills were passed on from generation to generation. The house was furnished by many Cotswold Arts and Crafts designer-makers including Sidney Barnsley.
Mary Greensted will talk about the house and its contents and also introduce the Crafts Alive event planned by the Gloucestershire Guild of Craftsmen in September (see page 10). This festival will celebrate Rodmarton’s history and bring the house alive with a celebration of contemporary design and craftsmanship.
Mary was a curator at Cheltenham Art Gallery & Museum for many years and in 1996 organised a unique exhibition devoted to Rodmarton Manor. She has been Chairman of the Gloucestershire Guild of Craftsmen since 2010.
- Cost: £15 for buffet lunch and talk, £8.00 for talk only.
- Buffet from 12:15pm, speaker 1pm-2pm
- Bookings close 2nd July (lunch and talk) or 10th July (talk only).
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring Alison on 01242 519413.
Otherwise book your place by 2nd July (lunch and talk) or 10th July (talk only) by using the form below.
There are three payment options:
1. You can pay by credit or debit card, as well as by PayPal, using the PayPal option (default). If there are sufficient spaces still available this will automatically confirm your booking if the payment is accepted.
2. If you want to pay by cheque select the Off-line option from the payment methods but please send your cheque as soon as possible as your booking will not be confirmed until we have received the payment.
3. If you really don’t like filling in forms on-screen you can download a form, print it and post it with a cheque. A booking form can also be found in the Friends Newsletter (available May 2018).
Cheques should be payable to Friends of The Wilson and sent with a sae or clearly written email address to Mrs Alison Pascoe, 77 Naunton Lane, Cheltenham, GL53 7AZ.
Bookings are now closed for this event, but if you would like to be added to our waiting list please email email@example.com.