Date(s) - 8th Nov 2017
At the BBC studios, you’ll hear how television programmes are made, and have the chance to visit the interactive studio where some of you can have a go at presenting the news and weather and star in a radio drama, complete with sound effects. Depending on availability you may have the chance to see the Points West Studio and Radio Bristol Studio and the rooftop garden outside studio from where the Points West weather forecast is sometimes broadcast. Your BBC tour guides will give you an insight into the many programmes produced in Bristol including Antiques Roadshow, Countryfile, the Food Programmes and Flog it, as well as the Natural History unit’s programmes such as Springwatch.
We’ll separate into two groups, with Group 1 visiting the BBC Studios in the morning followed by free time to visit MShed, the Arnolfini (where there’s a major exhibition by Grayson Perry), St Mary Redcliffe or other attractions on the Floating Harbour in the afternoon (see below). Group 2 will visit the Floating Harbour and its attractions in the morning and the BBC studios in the afternoon.
Refreshments can be purchased at M Cafe on the ground floor of MShed, at the Cafe Bar at Arnolfini, or at other outlets on the Floating Harbour.
- MShed is a museum all about Bristol, open 10.00 – 19.00 (free entry). Explore the city through time – its places, its people and their stories.
- Arnolfini is a contemporary arts centre and gallery, open 11.00 – 18.00 (free entry). There’s a major exhibition of Grayson Perry’s work on at the time of our visit.
- St Mary Redcliffe (a short walk away) is a 15th-century church full of gothic detail, plus a chapel for Pennsylvania’s founding fathers. It’s a Grade I listed building described by Queen Elizabeth I as “the fairest, goodliest, and most famous parish church in England.”
- Group Leaders: Martin and Nicola Renshaw
- Cost: £25
- Pick-up points:
- 7.50 am Six Ways;
- 8.05 am The Wilson;
- 8.20 am Racecourse Park and Ride (free parking)
The coach will return at approximately 4.30 pm.
- Bookings must be received by 8th October for this trip!
- Please note : all visitors MUST bring photo ID to take part in the BBC tour.
If you have any queries, please email email@example.com or ring Martha on 01242 526601.
Otherwise, please book your place by 8th October using the form below.
There are three payment options:
1. You can pay by credit or debit card, as well as by PayPal, using the PayPal option (default). If there are sufficient spaces still available this will automatically confirm your booking if the payment is accepted.
2. If you want to pay by cheque select the Off-line option from the payment methods but please send your cheque as soon as possible as your booking will not be confirmed until we have received the payment.
3. If you really don’t like filling in forms on-screen you can download a form, print it and post it with a cheque. A booking form can also be found in the current edition of our newsletter.
Cheques should be payable to Friends of The Wilson and sent with a sae or clearly written email address to Martha Alleguen, 7 Sydenham Road South, Cheltenham GL52 6EF.
This event is fully booked.