Date(s) - 16th Feb 2018
Cheltenham Ladies' College
Private visit to the Ladies College with illustrated talk on Dorothea Beale followed by a guided tour around the school.
Rachel Roberts studied Medieval English and History at the University of Birmingham, and qualified as a professional Archivist after completion of the University of Liverpool’s postgraduate training course in Archive Administration. She has a background of working in local government Record Offices and specialised in running records management programmes to ensure that educational records were stored securely and preserved as future research material. She is currently employed as the College Archivist to Cheltenham Ladies’ College, a post she has held for thirteen years. This has enabled her to gain an in-depth knowledge of the archive collections and strengthen a life-long interest in the development of women’s education. Her presentation will concentrate on the pioneering work of Dorothea Beale in championing women’s education in the second half of the nineteenth century and the impact this had on the growth and decoration of the purpose-built College buildings.
- Cost: £10
- Meet outside the main entrance to the Ladies’ College at 10:50am
- The visit ends at approximately 12:45pm
- Group leader: Anne Bartlett
- Booking closes on 9th February
If you have any queries, please email email@example.com or ring Alison on 01242 519413.
Book your place using the form below.
There are three payment options:
1. You can pay by credit or debit card, as well as by PayPal, using the PayPal option (default). If there are sufficient spaces still available this will automatically confirm your booking if the payment is accepted.
2. If you want to pay by cheque select the Off-line option from the payment methods but please send your cheque as soon as possible as your booking will not be confirmed until we have received the payment.
3. If you really don’t like filling in forms on-screen you can download a form, print it and post it with a cheque. A booking form can also be found in the Friends Newsletter (available January 2018).
Cheques should be payable to Friends of The Wilson and sent with a sae or clearly written email address to Mrs Alison Pascoe, 77 Naunton Lane, Cheltenham GL53 7AZ.
This event is fully booked, but if you would like to be added to our waiting list please email firstname.lastname@example.org.